If you’re living with a chronic disease, I know you have insights and information that others need!
Share your story – I publish articles that describe how survivors cope with chronic illness, remission, and life in general.
I also feature books, products, organizations, and resources that help people cope with disease. Have you started a blog, written a book, created a product, or done something with your illness that you’re proud of? I’d be happy to include your links and products!
I invite you to share your story, what you learned, and what you would do differently.
Coping With Chronic Disease – Stories From Survivors
Here are my questions – feel free to answer them all, or just the ones that resonate with you.
You can answer in the comments section below, or email me your answers.
I don’t want to publish my email address here – to contact me, please leave a comment below with your email address (which will not be published or added to an email list). I will email you. Then, you can send me your answers.
Questions About Living Chronic Disease
- What is your name (real or not), age (optional), location (optional), and occupation?
- What disease have you been diagnosed with, and when?
- Are you in remission, or is it flared? How do you keep it from taking over your life?
- What do you know now that you wish you would’ve known when you were first diagnosed?
- What advice or tips would you give people diagnosed with the same disease – or any illness?
- Has your spirituality changed since being diagnosed?
- What advice would you give the friends and family members of people coping with chronic illness?
- Instead of “fighting disease”, I live in harmony with it (I have ulcerative colitis, and my husband and I can’t have children because of male infertility). Do you see your disease as something to fight, or something to live in harmony with? Why?
- What would surprise people to learn about your illness?
- Has your illness motivated you to start a blog, write a book, create a product, or done something different with your life? If so, tell us about it. Why did you start it, where can we see or get it, and who would it benefit?
I reserve the right to edit for brevity, and retain copyright of everything I publish here on Quips and Tips for Healing and Hope.
Here are some published stories:
- Psoriasis – How Alisha Copes With the Symptoms of Skin Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes – How Donna Copes as a Diabetic and Nurse
- Ulcerative Colitis – How Laurie Survives Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Interstitial Cystitis – How Val Survives Chronic Bladder Inflammation
If you have any questions or thoughts, please comment below. I hope to hear from you soon!