Wayne Dyer’s tips for increasing your energy levels are too good to keep to myself! We listened to The Power of Intention on a Vancouver-Edmonton road trip recently; my husband loved Wayne Dyer’s tips so much, he plans to listen to the audiobook regularly.
Here’s one of Dyer’s gems:
“If you focus on what others expect of you, you’ll continue to act on and attract more of what they desire for you,” he says. “But when you can shift your inner thoughts to what you intend to create and attract into your life, you will no longer have to give mental energy to what others want for you.”
Are you focused on other people’s expectations for your choices, actions, and life? Not only will this rob you of an authentic life, it’ll sap your energy. What you think about has a direct effect on how you feel – including how tired, frustrated, depressed, or happy you are. The more concerned you are with other people’s expectations, the more de-energized you’ll be.
What you think about directly affects your circumstances; your thoughts become things. This is just one of the life lessons in Wayne Dyer’s The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-Create Your World Your Way — it’s a book that belongs on every Spirituality Seekers’ bookshelf!
And, here are five tips for increasing your energy levels…
How to Increase Your Energy Levels With the Power of Intention
1. Become conscious of your thoughts. Your thoughts may be the single most important source of energy – positive or negative. Negative thoughts (“I don’t have enough time/money/energy/friends/love” or “It’s his fault I’m so unhappy”) will decrease your energy levels. Dyer encourages us to shift from negative to positive thoughts as soon as we notice them. (“I do have enough time/money/energy/friends/love to do what I want” or “I choose to be happy despite his words or actions.”)
2. Meditate or pray. In The Power of Intention, Dr Dyer repeatedly describes the importance of meditation or prayer. Prayer and meditation connects you to your Source – whether it’s God, the Universe, nature, or your Creator. Mediation and prayer increases your consciousness and takes you beyond yourself, which increases your energy levels. The beauty of the power of intention is that you have control. You can increase your energy levels when you want, simply by tapping into your source of spirituality and inspiration.
3. Be conscious of the foods you eat. High energy foods increase energy levels, while low energy foods decrease them. Avoid eating too much meat, dairy, white flour, white sugar, and processed foods. Instead, eat whole grains, fruit, vegetables, and protein. Foods have a direct effect on your energy levels – I can feel my body vibrating at a low, sluggish energy when I eat too much sugar and fat. Notice how your body responds to the foods and drinks you consume, and treat your body with respect.
4. Listen to high-energy music. By “high energy music”, I don’t mean loud thumping bass or squealing guitars or screeching hard rock lyrics! That’s low-energy music because it decreases your energy levels, especially if it contains lyrics about violence, hatred, prejudice, abuse, or other toxic ideas. To increase your energy levels, listen to music that lifts your soul and spirit. If you like listening to lyrics, find music that promotes love, joy, connection, spiritual power, and gratitude. Make it a habit to listen to live music regularly.
5. Fill your home with positive energy. Look around your house. What does it say about you? Even more importantly, what does it say to you? Fill your home with colors, books, candles, happy photographs, vibrant wall hangings, and objects that fill you with inspiration and spirituality. Your home – and the people in it – can make your life better by energizing you or make your life duller by sapping your strength. Be proactive about observing what does and doesn’t work, and making changes!
“You must be what it is that you’re seeking,” says Wayne Dyer. “This is a universe of attraction and energy. You can’t have a desire to attract a mate who’s confident, generous, non-judgmental, and gentle, and expect that desire to be manifested if you’re thinking and acting in nonconfident, selfish, judgmental, or arrogant ways…”
On our road trip, my husband and I listened to audiodiscs two and four of The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-Create Your World Your Way twice in a row. This book has the power not only to increase your energy levels, but to fill you with peace, fulfillment, and an authentic and spiritual life.
What do you think of these tips for increasing your energy levels – or Dr Wayne Dyer’s books or lectures? I welcome your comments below!