Letting yourself have what you want in your life is a sign of high self-esteem and self-affinity. Having is a form of receiving whereas wanting is akin to longing; an aching desire to have what you can’t or won’t allow into your life. It’s painful to want something but not be able to manifest it into your life.
An important part of the creating and manifesting process is havingness; the ability to have what you want come and stay in your life. We each have a ceiling limit on what we will allow into our lives. Some have high havingness or a high ceiling for money, material objects and career success, but may have a low ceiling limit when it comes to relationships, expressing feelings, or experiencing intimacy. For some it may be the other way around. And then there are those fortunate ones who have high havingness in all areas of their life.
Where do you have high havingness in your life? It’s easy to see, just look at the places in your life where you have everything you want. The places that are lacking are a sign of low havingness. With awareness and supportive beliefs, you can increase your havingness in all areas of your life. I’ve offered suggestions and experiential exercises below. For additional information and exercises, check out the book, The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent: Living the Art of Allowing, by clicking the image above.
How to Have What You Want
Know what you want and envision it. If you can envision what you want then it’s possible to have it. Spend time with your dreams and goals by imagining what it would be like to have them in your life. This will make it more believable for your mind and body.
Take steps toward your goals. Taking action each day toward your goals will bring them closer to you. It will also show you where you have blocks to having what you want. As soon as you notice procrastination or busyness getting in the way of pursuing your dreams, you know you’ve reached your ceiling limit on what you can have. Find ways to push past this limitation. Talk to supportive friends, join a success group, read or listen to inspiring materials – do whatever works to keep you enthusiastic and taking steps one at a time towards your goal.
Identify limiting beliefs. If you carry any beliefs that say you can’t have your goal because you’re not worthy, strong enough, big enough or whatever lies you were programmed with, it’s time to identify them and let them go. Here’s an exercise for identifying any limiting beliefs:
- Imagine your goal is ten steps in front of you. Take a step toward your goal and notice what surfaces. Some people are excited to take their first few steps while others get blocked at the starting line.
- Take another step and notice what comes up. Feel any emotions that arise and listen to the messages, but don’t take the negative messages seriously.
- Keep taking steps towards your goal while you identify any limiting messages along the way. Pay attention to the places that stir up feelings of fear or doubt – is it at the beginning, middle or near the end?
- Once you are at the 10th step – your goal – notice what it feels like to have it. Some people find it easy to manifest their desires, but can’t have them so they quickly slip through their fingers. Say “yes” to having your goal.
Release limiting beliefs. Once you know what limiting beliefs and messages are getting in the way of having what you want, you have the power to release them. Here are 3 ways to let go of what doesn’t serve you – choose one that fits with your style or try them all:
1. Close your eyes and feel within your body and energy system for where you carry the limiting beliefs and messages. See what color and shape they are. Say hello to them and then move them out of your space. You might imagine placing them down on the ground or tearing them up and throwing them away. You could let them drain down your grounding into the earth or pass them over to the God of your heart to take care of.
2. Write down the limiting beliefs and messages on a piece of paper and then burn them in the fireplace. Feel them release as you do this.
3. Move them out of your space by dancing, walking, stretching or some other form of movement that allows you to release energy and tension. Even just standing and shaking your arms and legs with the intention of shaking out the messages can be powerful.
Focus on positive beliefs and supportive messages. Refill your mind, body and soul with positive beliefs and uplifting messages that are truthful and supportive. Remind yourself daily that you are enough just as you are; that you are loved and loving, and you have what it takes to achieve your goals. Use positive affirmations on post-it-notes. Connect with supportive friends and family. Surround yourself with positive messages and people on a daily basis as a way to reprogram your mind and body.
Do you have any questions or comments on how to have what you want in your life? Please share below.