Sarah Ban Breathnach – Dream, Don’t Expect
What expectations do you have from your life, relationships, job? Drop them. Instead of expecting, take Sarah Ban Breathnach’s advice and start dreaming…
“Dreaming, not expecting, allows Spirit to step in and surprise you with connection, completion, consummation, celebration. You dream. Show up for work. Then let Spirit deliver your dream to the world.”
The best way to make your dreams come true is to write them down. You don’t necessarily need to make a list of dreams to accomplish; you can create a vision board or poster of magazine pictures that represent things you love.
What are my dreams?
- To write See Jane Soar under a publisher’s contract. I’ve always wanted to be a published author, and I don’t want to die with that dream unlived.
- To encourage, inspire, and motivate women to succeed. My dream is to help other women live the life of their dreams!
How do I show up for work?
- Research, write, and polish sample chapters for See Jane Soar
- Refuse to rush my sample chapters and book proposal. Take my time, and do it right.
- Keep knocking on literary agents’ doors until I find the right one to represent me
What about you, fellow dreamers? What are your dreams and how will you show up for work?
Source of the quotation: Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort of Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach – one of my favorite books.