Diane Sawyer – Do You Believe in Yourself?
One of my favorite quotes from Diane Sawyer is about wanting great things from your life – and believing in yourself enough to get what you want.
Because if you don’t believe, you won’t achieve.
“Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” ~ Diane Sawyer.
It doesn’t matter what you want out of life – to lose 25 pounds, find the right man, get that university degree, or move to Hawaii – if you don’t believe that you have an equal right to it, then you won’t get it.
What Believing in Yourself Looks Like – Diane Sawyer’s Professional Achievements
- She is one of the most respected journalists in the world – from White House press aide to CBS Morning News anchor to ABC World News anchor
- The first woman correspondent on 60 Minutes
- The first female co-anchor of Good Morning America; she and Robin Roberts were first women co-anchors in history
- Named one of the world’s 100 most powerful women by Forbes in 2011
- Won several awards, such as the Peabody in 2009, mostly for investigative reporting
To achieve all this, Diane Sawyer HAD to believe in herself.
What do you want out of your life – and do you believe in yourself?
I want to be a published author, and I believe in myself. I believe I have the right to a publishing contract, that I’m equal to the other aspiring authors who want to get their books published.
But, I’ve been rejected by literary agents and publishing houses so many times, I’m beginning to lose faith. Not in myself, but in the ability or willingness of the Universe to give me waht I want.
Have you ever felt this way?