The most romantic gift ideas for couples are things that say “As you wish.” Remember The Princess Bride’s Wesley and Buttercup? ”As you wish,” was the most romantic thing Wesley said to Buttercup. He was honest and real – and that’s the most romantic gift you can give someone you love.
These romantic gift ideas will add zest and love to your celebration, whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or apology. They range from technology (an iPhone or Kindle could be a romantic idea for a birthday, depending on what apps you upload) to long holidays.
Don’t just celebrate your partner’s birthday; fan the flames of passion and strengthen your relationship with romantic expressions of love. ”You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.” ~ Jonathan Carroll.
Most of these birthday ideas won’t trip you up or embarrass you in front of your partner! They’re safe, yet adventurous. For instance, these “I Love You” Pillowcases for Couples are cute and but not suffocating.
If you really want to spice things up in the bedroom, check out the Chocoholics Divine Desserts Truth or Dare Game on Amazon.
And, read on for several romantic birthday presents…
13 Romantic Gift Ideas
If your loved one loves poetry, consider a book of romantic poems or a framed photo of you with the words “As you wish” on it. Sometimes those romantic gift ideas are the most meaningful – the gifts that are lovely, sentimental, and heart-warming.
For more interesting gift ideas, read 10 Most Expensive Gifts on Amazon – and 10 Affordable Alternatives. It’s a new, fresh article that has even more romantic gifts for couples.
1. A thoughtful gift that your partner has long wanted but hasn’t splurged on: a new laptop, iPhone, digital camera, MP3 player, etc. Computer technology may not seem like a romantic gift at first, but if you give something like a Kindle Fire, you could pre-load it with stuff your partner loves. What’s more romantic than that?
Make it a green birthday celebration, and buy a biodiesel or hybrid vehicle (yikes, we’re really getting extravagant now!). Ask friends and family members what your partner might like for his or her birthday — you might have to do a little digging.
How to Get Your Ex BackNot all breakups are forever, right?
What Men Secretly WantGet insight into his thoughts, needs, and desires.
Are You Headed for Divorce?7 secrets to fixing your marriage, plus free advice.
2. A spa day of pampering. I really enjoyed the manicure, pedicure, and facial that my hubby gave me for my birthday last year – but I liked his homemade coupons even better! “Good for one foot and hand massage,” and “Good for one full body massage” were written on pieces of paper. Boy, those were romantic gifts.
Don't let a breakup get the best of you.How to Let Go of Someone You Love
Or, go for a Green Tea Zen Calming Bath and Body Set and relax in the bubbles together.
3. Anything engraved with meaningful words from your heart: wine glasses, a watch, tie clip, a locket. Immortalizing your favorite sentimental moment or funny joke is a romantic gift idea for birthdays or any special occasion.
4. Something hobby-related. Is your partner into yoga? Running? Starting new businesses? Reading? Writing? Baking? Money-making? Kids? Indulge with something practical or fancy — something truly necessary or simply luxurious.
5. A gift certificate for dance, cooking, or painting lessons — with the promise that you’ll go, too — is both healthy and romantic.
6. Victoria‘s Secret or La Senza lingerie or fun, intimate boxer shorts are romantic gift ideas. Put a romantic book for couples in love in the bathrobe pocket…it’s both practical and luxurious! Make it a green birthday by splurging on organic lingerie — bamboo is soft and gorgeous.
If your love life needs a boost, read Healthy Sex – 10 Natural Ways to Make Love Better.
7. Seasonal tickets to the opera, ballet, symphony, ballgames or community theatre. Buying tickets for future events is a great way to say “I love you”; it shows that you want to spend time with your partner.
11. Tickets to a dinner theater, cruise, Cirque de Soleil, etc. Splurge on two tickets for a romantic night out, with a fancy, candle-lit evening at a French restaurant with a view.
12. A spontaneous visit and delivery of a gourmet food basket, flowers, or a bunch of balloons. Anything that surprises your sweetie and shows thought and attention is a great birthday gift. Bringing a gourmet gift basket on a weekend getaway is a great gift idea.
13. A last minute or future vacation together such as an all inclusive vacation package is definitely full of romance and love. If the trip can’t happen for months in advance, give brochures, books, or trinkets now that represent the future holiday.
For more romantic gift ideas, read How to Show You Care – 5 Fun, Light-Hearted Expressions of Love.
How are you? All comments welcome!
I can't give you advice,
but writing can help you gain insight.
Peace and blessings,