Before we jump into the reasons she loves writing for Suite, I gotta say that three out of four members of my writer’s group have written for Suite 101! One quit after a few months, saying the writing guidelines were too strict. The second was hired a couple months ago, and recently celebrated her first paycheck. She’s a happy writer! The third has been writing for Suite 101 for three years, and loves it (me ).
When people ask if they should write for Suite 101, I tell them to apply and give it a whirl. They won’t know if it’s for them until they start writing! Okay, let’s move on to the featured book. ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income is a fantastic resource for online writing and blogging, whether you’re an experienced blogger or newbie web writer. I like reading the book better than surfing Rowse’s Problogger website; it’s easier to earmark pages and make notes in the print version.
Okay, on to Gemmell’s reasons for writing for Suite…
Why Write for Suite 101? 10 Benefits of Online Writing
Joining this online magazine and community of writers, says Rosemary Gemmell, is a great decision for any writer for the following reasons:
1. Online writing training. The Suite 101 Learning Hub is fantastic training material for a new web writer, covering everything needed to succeed, including SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and the best use of keywords.
2. Editorial support. Each subject section on Suite 101 has its own professional editor who ensures high standards of writing and presentation.
3. Suite 101 writer’s forums. The forums are friendly and helpful, and cover every possible question. The experienced writers go out of their way to help new people, and even the editors often join in discussions or offer immediate advice.
4. Source of passive income. Writing for Suite 101 isn’t a way to get rich quick but, over time, the payment amount gradually creeps up and can provide a regular source of passive income for many years to come. The more articles a writer has online, the more chance of increasing revenue.
5. Outlet for creativity and writing. Suite 101 provides a wonderful outlet for writing. With print magazines, there is the long wait for an editor’s reply, then a further wait to see the article in print. With Suite 101, articles can be submitted and published immediately.
6. Wide range of topics to write about. Suite writers can write in different subjects of expertise, from researched material, or about hobbies and interests.
7. Photography skills optional. Suite writers can use their own photographs to illustrate articles; it’s a great way to use travel photographs by writing about places visited. (Even if you’re not a travel writer, you can write about traveling!).
8. A sense of immediacy. Writing for Suite increases output as there is real excitement about writing a new article for Suite101 and knowing it will be published online immediately.
9. Suite 101 writer’s challenges. The regular writing challenges set by Suite101 staff are fun, but they also encourage writers to try different types of writing and increase productivity.
10. New online writing markets. As online writing opportunities increase, this is a great time for writers to learn the basics and become a part of it all.
For more info on writing for Suite 101, read 10 Reasons to Write for Suite101 (which I, Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen, wrote a year ago to commemorate my second anniversary with Suite).
If you’re a “Suitee”, why do you write for Suite 101? And if you have any questions or comments – Suite 101 writer or not – please respond below…
Subscribe to Blossom
You Might Also Like...
Rosemary Gemmell is a freelance writer based in Scotland. She writes articles, short stories and children’s stories, many of which have been published in magazines. Her full profile is on Suite 101.