The best quotes about goals will remind you to be strong, stay true to your dreams, and focus your energy on your target. Achieving your goals takes thought, effort, persistence, and passion.
To get what you want out of life, pick a few of your favorite quotes about goals and read them every morning, noon, and night. Stay focused, keep your thoughts and energy trained on that which you want to achieve.
Here’s one of my favorite quotes about goals:
“Our dreams must be stronger than our memories. We must be pulled by our dreams, rather than pushed by our memories.” ~ Jesse Jackson.
Don’t let past failures, regrets, or mistakes change your goals – or your motivation to achieve your goals.
Before you can achieve anything in life, you need to envision it. What do you want out of life — who and where do you want to be? Don’t be afraid to reach for more than you think you can achieve.
If you’re inspired by stories, read The Oracle’s Secret: An Inspiring Fable About Achieving Your Dreams – it’ll help you get started, and keep you going!
And, here are a few of my best goal setting quotes, plus a few life tips to inspire you to achieve your goals…
Best Quotes About Goals – From Traveling Light to Dreaming
I think this is my favorite quote, about traveling light:
“If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” ~ Glenn Clark
- Life tip: To stay motivated to succeed at whatever goals you have, don’t compare yourself to others. And, don’t let fear grab you by the tail and swing you ’round! (that’s a quote by Kathleen somebody, I think)
“Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out if they’ve got a second. Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” ~ William James.
- Life tip: Once you start setting and achieving goals, you’ll find the energy you need to keep going. It’s a law of physics: a body in motion stays in motion.
“An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.” ~ Dr. Thomas Fuller
- Life tip: Determination and perserverance — not talent! — is the key to success.
“For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.” ~ Alfred D. Souza.
- Life tip: Knowing how to overcome obstacles to your goals is the key to success (especially if you use these quotations for success to overcome setbacks! Quotes about goals are powerful and effective).
“Believe me: the secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
- Life tip: What risks are you afraid to take? What goals do are you worried you’ll never achieve, much less set? Use these motivational quotations for success to increase your courage and decrease your fear.
“That which seems the height of absurdity in one generation often becomes the height of wisdom in the next.” ~ John Stuart Mill.
- Life tip: Don’t worry if your goals seem too lofty — that’s why you need these quotes about goals! You will succeed despite your doubt.
Remember that success breeds success! Once you get on that upward spiral, you’ll stay on that upward spiral. For example, when you start achieving goals at work, you’ll keep achieving goals at work.
“The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself.” ~ Rita Mae Brown
- Life tip: Listen to your heart and gut when you’re setting and achieving your goals…don’t conform to the goals of your coworkers, friends, or family members. Use these quotations for success to tap into your authenticity and creativity.
“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” ~ Mark Twain
- Motivational Tip: The biggest risk is to not take action, to be paralyzed by indecision and fear. One of my favorite quotes about goals is…
“We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter’s evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.” ~ Woodrow Wilson
- Motivational Tip: Setting and achieving goals is the first step…the next step is nurturing your dreams so they stay alive. Success, motivation, and energy are intertwined.
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO – what a ride!” ~ Unknown
- Life tip: Finding the right quotes about goals can motivate you to succeed. Pick a motivational quotation for success (or two, or three) that resonates with you, write it down, and look at it every day.
“Reach high, for stars hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” ~ Pamela Star.
If your goals revolve around work, read 5 Tips for Achieving Your Career Goals – From Confusion to Clarity.
If you have any thoughts on motivation, success, or goals, please comment below…