These 10 most popular articles on achieving your goals range from improving your luck to finding a mentor. All types of goals are included: college, financial, weight loss, and career — plus an article about overcoming obstacles to your goals.
Before the list of articles about achieving your goals, a quip:
“You can’t force a Wildly Improbable Goal to happen, but you can create conditions that will either prevent it or invite it,” says life coach and writer Martha Beck.
I love that! Beck also says, “Pay attention to your real needs, treat yourself not just fairly but kindly, and stand up for yourself even if it displeases people around you. Befriend, nurture, and protect your own spirit.”
Even if you have dreams that seem impossible – or wildly improbable – remember that YOU have the power to create the conditions that help you succeed. This means saying no to invitations; instead, stay home to write or paint or read. Achieving your weight loss goals means putting the potato chips back on the shelf, and going out for a run instead.
Everything you do has to take you a step closer to your dreams or achieving your goals, or it’s just wasted time.
For more inspiration from Martha Beck, read Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live.
10 Most Popular Articles About Achieving Goals
1. How to Quit Your Job When You’re Scared - because you can’t achieve your goals if you live in fear.
2. 10 Steps to Changing Your Life – because moving forward means you’ll have to make a change here or there. One step at a time is the way to go!
3. Overcoming Obstacles to Your Goals - there will always be obstacles to achieving your goals…and here’s how to overcome them!
4. Is Quitting Healthy? How to Know When to Give Up on Your Goals - because you want to persevere, but there’s no sense in being a fool about it.
5. 10 Tips for Achieving Your Goals - with help from Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers: The Story of Success.
6. How to Turn Your Dreams Into an Achievable Goal - an article I wrote for a reader who has a dream, and needed tips for turning it into a specific goal.
7. 7 Steps to Achieving Your Career Goals - discusses the balance between being flexible and inflexible!
8. 7 Tips for Achieving Your Goals in College or University – whether you’re a first-year college student or going back to school as a mature student, you’ll find inspiration and practical tips here.
9. 10 Tips for Improving Your Luck – you have control over how lucky you are…and here’s how to improve your luck!
10. 4 Steps to Setting and Achieving Your Budget Goals – financial goals are in the top three priorities of life for many people. This article leads to several other articles about achieving financial goals.
One last quip about achieving goals:
“Don’t say you don’t have enough time,” writes H. Jackson Brown, Jr. in Life’s Little Instruction Book. ”You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
If you have thoughts on achieving your goals, you’re welcome to comment below. And, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, please let me know. I can probably dig it up for you!